WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT CASTLE HILLS ELEMENTARY EARNED 6 DISTINCTION DESIGNATIONS IN 2016-2017!
- Academic Performance
- This year, students receiving the rating of Advanced for the fourth grade STAAR Writing Test will be equal to or increase over the 2015-2016 school years.
- Student Learning
- This year, at least 50% of all K-5 students will meet or exceed the target score of 3 on a campus created writing prompt designed using criteria developed by our ELA vertical alignment PLC.
- Student Experience
- By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, Castle Hills Elementary will meet the Recognition Standard of either a Progressive or Model School for our Great Expectations Program
- Community Engagement
- Through surveys and attendance, Castle Hills Elementary will have a 5% increase in community participation. This will include but not be limited to parent ed, voluntarism, and college readiness.
- Resource Stewardship
- All faculty members at Castle Hills Elementary will be provided the opportunity for a minimum of 30 hours of professional learning during the 2016-2017 school year. These opportunities will include but not be limited to learning in Depth and Complexity, book studies, PLC’s and opportunities for outside school learning.