WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT CASTLE HILLS ELEMENTARY EARNED 6 DISTINCTION DESIGNATIONS IN 2016-2017!
- Academic Performance
- This year, students receiving the rating of Advanced for the fourth grade STAAR Writing Test will be equal to or increase over the 2015-2016 school years.
- Student Learning
- This year, at least 50% of all K-5 students will meet or exceed the target score of 3 on a campus created writing prompt designed using criteria developed by our ELA vertical alignment PLC.
- Student Experience
- By the end of the 2016-2017 school year, Castle Hills Elementary will meet the Recognition Standard of either a Progressive or Model School for our Great Expectations Program
- Community Engagement
- Through surveys and attendance, Castle Hills Elementary will have a 5% increase in community participation. This will include but not be limited to parent ed, voluntarism, and college readiness.
- Resource Stewardship
- All faculty members at Castle Hills Elementary will be provided the opportunity for a minimum of 30 hours of professional learning during the 2016-2017 school year. These opportunities will include but not be limited to learning in Depth and Complexity, book studies, PLC’s and opportunities for outside school learning.
We are pleased to announce that Castle Hills Elementary earned a 5 star Distinction Designation in 2016!
PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.