Castle Hills Elementary PTA is proud to bring you our Kingdom Tales program which provides each student the opportunity to accomplish what many only dream of: publishing their very own book! Students exercise their creativity and imagination while further developing reading/writing skills, computer skills, and creative arts.
Kingdom Tales authors have the unique opportunity to…
- build creative-thinking skills
- write about something fun and interesting to them
- be recognized at an invitation-only author’s reception at school
- receive $3 credit for the Book Fair held at school in the Spring
- receive a Dragon Awards pin at the end of the year
- receive a special trophy their 5th grade year (must have completed 4 KT books including 5th grade)
- Stories should be written by the student; minimum of 5 and maximum of 14 pages.
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation should reflect the level and ability of the author.
- Killing, violence, arms, intimacy, or foul language will not be allowed. Ninjas and space police are always welcome, but please be mindful of how rough they get. Content and illustrations printed in Kingdom Tales books will be at the discretion of the CHE PTA.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their work early! If a due date is missed, the student may not be allowed to continue in the program.
- And of course, be creative and have fun!
Due dates for 2018-2019 school year
- July 1st 2018 - REGISTRATION OPENS (payment is due at time of registration)
- Friday, September 21st - REGISTRATION CLOSES
- Tuesday, October 9th - Registered authors receive a book-making kit and instructions
- Thursday, November 29th - Book kits are DUE
*** NEW PROCESS FOR 2018-2019! ***
- The price per book is free for Soft-Cover, $15 for a single Hard-Cover
- At the time of registration, parents can only purchase ONE book-making kit
- Kids will receive their kit: an envelope with pages for them to write and illustrate on, or for them to print their typed story. The kit also contains instructions and a order form for parent to order additional copies of the book if they would like to do so.
- Kids return the kits to the school, PTA send them to our publisher, who will professionally bind all books. Soft cover books are binded at school by PTA team.
- Books are returned by the publisher to the PTA and they are handed to authors the day of the Kingdom Tales Reception.
- Parents will receive a code to order additional copies of the book at this time or later on
2018-2019 Kingdom Tales Receptions - 8:30 am in CHE Cafeteria
Students will receive their books. Parents and siblings are welcome to come.
Tuesday, February 26th - Kinder reception
Wednesday, February 27th - 1st grade reception
Monday, February 28th - 2nd grade reception
Tuesday, March 5th - 3rd grade reception
Wednesday, March 6th - 4th grade reception
Thursday, March 7th - 5th grade reception
We look forward to having your child participate!
Maria Baradell and Angela McCarthy
CHE PTA – Kingdom Tales Chairs
PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.