Castle Hills Elementary PTA is proud to bring you our Kingdom Tales program which provides each student the opportunity to accomplish what many only dream of: publishing their very own book! Students exercise their creativity and imagination while further developing reading/writing skills, computer skills, and creative arts.
Registration for 2018-19 Kingdom Tales is now closed.
Kingdom Tales authors have the unique opportunity to…
- build creative-thinking skills
- develop writing and reading skills
- write about something fun and interesting to them
- illustrate their own story
- be recognized at an invitation-only author’s reception at school
- receive $3 credit for the Book Fair held at school in the Spring
- receive a Dragon Awards pin at the end of the year
- receive a special trophy in 5th grade after completing 4+ books
- Stories should be written by the student
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation should reflect the level and ability of the author.
- Killing, violence, arms, intimacy, or foul language will not be allowed. Ninjas and space police are always welcome, but please be mindful of how rough they get. Content and illustrations printed in Kingdom Tales books will be at the discretion of the CHE PTA.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their work on time! If a due date is missed, the student may not be allowed to continue in the program.
- And of course, be creative and have fun!
Due dates for 2018-2019 school year
- July 1st 2018 - REGISTRATION OPENS (payment is due at time of registration)
- Friday, September 21st - REGISTRATION CLOSES
- Tuesday, October 9th - Registered authors receive a book-making kit and instructions
- Thursday, November 29th - Book kits are DUE
*** NEW PROCESS FOR 2018-2019! ***
- The price per book is free for Soft-Cover, $15 for a single Hard-Cover
- At the time of registration, parents can only purchase ONE book-making kit
- Kids will receive their kit: an envelope with pages for them to write and illustrate on, or for them to print their typed story. The kit also contains instructions and an order form for the parent to order additional copies of the book if they would like to do so.
- Kids return the kits to the school, PTA sends them to our publisher, who will professionally bind all books. Softcover books are bound at school by PTA team.
- Books are returned by the publisher to the PTA and they are handed to authors the day of the Kingdom Tales Reception.
2018-2019 Kingdom Tales Receptions - 8:30 am in CHE Cafeteria
Students will receive their books. Parents and siblings are welcome to come.
Tuesday, February 26th - Kinder reception
Wednesday, February 27th - 1st grade reception
Thursday, February 28th - 2nd grade reception
Tuesday, March 5th - 3rd grade reception
Wednesday, March 6th - 4th grade reception
Thursday, March 7th - 5th grade reception
Questions or concerns? Check out the KT FAQ page by clicking here or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having your child participate!
Maria Baradell and Angela McCarthy
CHE PTA – Kingdom Tales Chairs
PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.