Castle Hills Elementary PTA is proud to bring you our Kingdom Tales program which provides each student the opportunity to accomplish what many only dream of: publishing their very own book! Students exercise their creativity and imagination while further developing reading/writing skills, computer skills, and creative arts. Books are bound by our Kingdom Tales Publishing Company - staffed by wonderful PTA volunteers!
Registration for 2017-2018 is now closed
Kingdom Tales authors have the unique opportunity to…
- build creative-thinking skills
- write about something fun and interesting to them
- be recognized at an invitation-only author’s reception at school
- receive a Dragon Awards pin at the end of the year
- receive a special trophy their 5th grade year (must have completed 4 KT books including 5th grade)
- Stories should be written by the student; minimum of 5 and maximum of 18 pages.
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation should reflect the level and ability of the author.
- Killing or violence will not be allowed. Ninjas and space police are always welcome, but please be mindful of how rough they get. Content and illustrations printed in Kingdom Tales books will be at the discretion of the CHE PTA.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their work early! If a due date is missed, the student may not be allowed to continue in the program.
- And of course, be creative and have fun!
- Click here for specific cover and page guidelines and examples!
Due dates for 2017-2018 school year
- July 2017 - ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS (your child will have a set of personal questions to answer, and payment is due at time of registration)
- Tuesday, August 29th - Registration information emailed via teachers (Cyber Tuesday)
- Tuesday, September 26th - REGISTRATION CLOSES
- Thursday, October 12th - Registered authors receive a tracking envelope and instructions
- Monday, November 13th - Typed ROUGH drafts due
- Tuesday, December 5th - Rough drafts returned to authors with comments
- Tuesday, January 9th - Typed FINAL copy(s) due
*** NEW PRICING FOR 2017-2018! ***
- The price per book is free for Soft-Cover, $15 for a single Hard-Cover, or $30 for 2 Hard-Covers either to keep both or donate one to the library
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL -- if you register for two (2) Hard Cover books on or before Tuesday, 9/12, the cost is only $25 for two books. On Wednesday, 9/13, the cost will go up to $30 for two books.
2017-2018 Kingdom Tales Receptions - 8:30 am in CHE Cafeteria
Students will receive their books. Parents and siblings are welcome to come.
Tuesday, February 27th - Kinder reception
Wednesday, February 28th - 1st grade reception
Monday, March 5th - 2nd grade reception
Tuesday, March 6th - 3rd grade reception
Wednesday, March 7th - 4th grade reception
Thursday, March 8th - 5th grade reception
We look forward to having your child participate!Leah Thomson and Sharon Butler
CHE PTA – Kingdom Tales Co-Chairmen