Castle Hills Reflections 2019-2020
Update Jan 2020:
Congratulations to the following students for their Reflections entries advancing to the Texas State PTA!
Easton Baker (Intermediate): Music Composition
Gabri Blankson (Intermediate): Photography
Congratulations to the following CHE students who will receive an Award of
Excellence in the CHE PTA Reflections program and were selected to advance to the
LISD Council PTA!
Alisha Ahmed- Visual Arts
Calinda Bryan- Music Composition
Annika Desai- Visual Arts
Rio Duncan- Visual Arts
Liana Elizondo- Photography
Finley Gallego- Literature
Erin Kim- Visual Arts
Lucy Little- Visual Arts
Henry Slavin- Visual Arts
Amaar Assanie- Literature
Eastin Baker- Music Composition
Gabri Blankson- Photography
Michelle Chen – Visual Arts
Zeenah Kassem - Visual Arts
Sean Kim- Visual Arts
Jessica Kim- Visual Arts
Matthew Little- Photography
Molly Little- Visual Arts
Gavin Pee - Visual Arts
Parker Sinkey- Photography
Thank you to all of our participants for your creative and beautiful entries! Participants
will receive a certificate and ribbon at the Art Night PTA Meeting and a Dragon Award
pin at the end of the year. A special thank you to all of this year's judges for the time
and care you gave in judging each entry.
Reflections is a National PTA sponsored arts recognition program that encourages artistic expression. The Reflections theme for 2019-2020 is “Look Within.” Students are challenged to use their imagination to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story or dance routine. Students can enter as many times as they would like in as many categories as they would like.
Entries are due 10/17 & 10/18 in room 200 (by the front office) Link to Entry Form
- Dance Choreography - Original dance choreographed by the student.
- Film Production - Original work of fiction or non-fiction in animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, computer-generated, or multimedia.
- Literature - Fiction or non-fiction in prose, poetry, drama, reflective essay, or short story.
- Music Composition - Original composition using voice and/or instruments in a cappella, blues, choral, country, hip hop, jazz, Latin, orchestral, pop, R&B, rock, or any other style.
- Visual Arts - Original print, drawing, painting, collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork.
- Photography - Original photograph in black-and-white or color.
Participants will receive a certificate and ribbon at the Art Night PTA Meeting in January and a Dragon Awards pin at the end of the year. Click here to see the full list of the rules.
Please contact Kelly Cleghorn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the Reflections Program.
- Monday, February 17
- Tuesday, February 18
- Wednesday, February 19
- Friday, February 21
- Monday, February 24
- Tuesday, February 25
- Wednesday, February 26
PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.