Red Ribbon Week 2018
Red Ribbon Week is a national campaign that brings awareness to prevention of drug, alcohol, and tobacco use in schools. The theme for 2018 is “Life is Your Journey; Travel Drug Free”. In addition to avoiding unhealthy substances, we will also discuss ways to prevent and address bullying. Please be on the lookout for updates regarding our events throughout the week as we support students in making decisions to. We encourage you to participate by using the Parent Talking Points that will be provided is the Tuesday Newsday communication to reinforce the messages received by the students at school.
RED RIBBON WEEK 2018 DAILY EVENTS
- Monday, October 22nd: Each student will receive a red ribbon to wear or attach to their backpack.
- Tuesday, October 23rd - Pledge Day: Students take a pledge to recognize their commitment to Travel drug free. Also, All School Student Assembly: Wheels of Freestyle Dynamic performance with a strong anti-drug and anti-bullying message.
- Wednesday, October 24th - WEAR RED DAY: Students are encouraged to wear red clothing to show their commitment.
- Thursday, October 25th - WEAR SILLY SOCKS TO SCHOOL: Sock it to Drugs and Bullying Day: Students take a stand against unhealthy substances and bullying by wearing their silliest socks.
- Friday, October 26th - WEAR FAVORITE TEAM GEAR TO SCHOOL: Team Up Against Bullying Day: Students show their united front to prevent bullying by wearing their favorite team gear.
And thank you to our Red Ribbon Week Sponsor
PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.